Water Damage Restoration

Water Damage Restoration & Cleanup Services

When water damage strikes your home or business you need a fast 24/7 emergency response. The “we’ll get to you first thing in the morning” won’t do. That water needs to be removed before it can travel to those hard to reach hidden areas and continue to cause more damage. If you have hardwood floors covered with water they must be dried out quickly or they start to buckle. Carpets that stay wet too long will develop mold. If it’s your place of business you will certainly realize the importance to 24-7. Besides the damage you’ll have to recover from, every hour you are shut down is business and revenue lost. You’ll need an professional, experienced water damage restoration service the stands ready to respond to your emergency call 24/7.

What To Expect

You’ll want in place drying monitored daily. You’ll want a company that brings the industries newest and high tech equipment possible to the job. Thermal imaging, Moisture meters, hygrometers all work to discover the hidden areas and make extraction and drying quicker and more efficient. From start to finish you’ll want highly trained and experienced personal working in your home or business from start to finish.

Sewage Over Flow Is Dangerous

If you have a sewage overflow this is a extremely dangerous health hazard. This is referred to as Category 3 black water. It is grossly unsanitary and can carry harmful bacteria and fungi that can cause serious illness. A sewage incident is definitely a job for the professionals and taken care of right away. Right away does not mean tomorrow or in the morning it means right now within the hour. When you have this problem make sure you call a water damage restoration service that stands ready to respond 24/7 with the proper equipment to quickly remove the standing water, dry the area, completely clean up and disinfect and remove any foul odors from the affected area.

Now The Mold

The last step is to ensure that there is no potential for mold growth, or that there is no mold growth already. Getting water damage restoration started immediately after the water damage is done, mold growth is less likely, but if your home has water sitting for any length of time, it is possible that mold has begun to grow. Should this occur the mold will need to be remediated.

Getting Rid Of Mold in Austin

You Need To Find The Cause

Moisture is the critical factor of mold growth, so before you can rid your home of Austin mold damage, it is essential to identify and solve the moisture issue. Identifying the moisture source can be a simple task. It may be quite obvious such as an appliance using water, sinks and tubs, a leaking window or a poorly routed drain. If the mold is in the attic, the cause may be blocked attic vents or a disconnected bathroom vent pipe. But, beware of hidden sources that can be extremely difficult to trace.

Once the cause is fixed, you can then remove the mold.

Austin mold remediation process varies, depending on the severity and the type of mold growth. If the mold has been there awhile, it may already have advanced the decaying process to the point where some of the material needs to be removed to regain the structural integrity of your home. If the mold is just on the surface of the material and hasn’t damaged the material itself, then it may be able to be wiped off with a cleaning solution. A very light mold growth may be able to be removed with a detergent with little spread of the mold spores. Many people have used bleach or strong chemicals to remove mold. The EPA now warns against using bleach because of the damage that it does to the hard surfaces and the potential for dangerous interaction with other chemicals, which can be toxic. Harsh chemicals may kill the mold, but according to the EPA, alive or dead, the mold spores and mycotoxins are still present, remaining allergenic for years after killing them. In addition, many people who are sensitive to the effects of mold are also sensitive to the effects of harsh chemicals. Why would anyone want to use harsh chemicals ever again to remove mold?

Mold’s job is to decay matter. An enzyme’s job is to kill mold.

TM-100 is an organic, non-toxic, non-corrosive and non-caustic and is safe for animal, plant and marine life. The natural enzymes in the products we use zero in on mold, not your walls and furniture. Our TM100 products actually use a combination of several select enzymes, with each providing a specific task in the mold-eating process. One breaks down the natural defenses of the mold, another breaks down the structure of the mold and yet another eats the weakened fungi. The enzymes only affect the mold, so they are safe to use on any material or surface in your home, without harming the surface or your family. TM-100 is fast and efficient and leaves behind no VOc’s. There’s just no need to introduce harmful chemicals into your environment to eliminate toxic mold.